Uitdagende stage: Deep Learning
What will you be doing?
Deep Learning Systems are increasingly being used in the realization of level 4/4+ autonomous systems development and validation. However, full formalization of the complete driving task into sensing-controlling robotics system may not be realistic with the current state of the art. Localization, Mapping, Perception, Control, Trajectory optimization and planning decisions associated with AV development are some of the challenges which RDW would like to explore and be prepared as and when the industry is ready to solve the challenges. However, the real-world operation consists of more challenges like margin of allowable error being extremely small and the number of edge-cases being extremely large.
In addition, the RDW vehicle safety and security framework(VSSF) is an audit and assessment framework realizing the goal towards approval of these advanced automated systems. VSSF is planned to act as a complementing tool to the UN ECE type approval regime by auditing aspects that are not covered by existing regulations as well as propose new regulations. Currently, no regulations are existing in the aforementioned scope.
The research shall cover at least the below but not limited to the below:
- Identification of deep learning applications in vehicle functions(and/or systems)
- Preliminary analysis of deep learning in perception systems
- Preliminary analysis of deep learning in prediction and planning
- Preliminary analysis of deep learning in decision making
- Impact of deep learning on type approval through aforementioned aspects
The above is not a strict structure for research but a guidance on the aspects to be covered.
- The trainee shall conduct an impact analysis of the trends in deep learning(national as well as international researches)
- The trainee shall analyse and evaluate the trends and usage on how current type approval regime at UN ECE will be affected by the this specific technological innovation
- The trainee shall provide a roadmap for RDW on the future focus research areas for the relevant aspects of the research.
- The trainee shall provide an advice to RDW on the continuity based on the outcome of the research.
Over deze vacature
- Standplaats: Zoetermeer
- Opleidingsniveau: Wo
- Vakgebied: ICT
- Reageren kan tot: 07-08-2020
Who do you work with?
RDW is the Netherlands Vehicle Authority in the mobility chain. RDW has developed extensive expertise through its years of experience in executing its statutory and assigned tasks. Tasks in the area of the licensing of vehicles and vehicle parts, supervision and enforcement, registration, information provision and issuing documents. Tasks that RDW carries out in close cooperation with various partners in the mobility chain. This provides RDW with a clear position in this chain, with its mission being: RDW stands for safety, sustainability and legal certainty in mobility.
As a trainee, you work for the Vehicle Regulation & Licensing (VRT) division. You are part of the Applied Innovation team that focuses on knowledge and product development for the development of new legislation, new licensing frameworks and working methods for vehicle innovation. We take a learning-by-doing approach, developing new products and knowledge and then validating them by also applying them, including by conducting practical trials on public roads.
Strategic goals VRT:
- Inline with Knowledge development VRT (new knowledge development on deep Learning extensively in Autonomous driving)
- Inline with proposing new Regulations VRT (Propose new taskforces for Machine and deep learning technologies)
- Inline with new development areas like Autonomous Vehicles (immensely helpful in creating knowledge on subjects through which Autonomous driving is enabled)
- Collaboration and cooperation
Why does this position suit you?
Developments in mobility are accelerating all the time. At RDW, you can't sit and wait for the new innovations. When you work for the RDW, you are expected to think ahead and anticipate developments, particularly in this age, with its new challenges and new issues. This is the moment to join us. At the RDW, you are not merely an observer. You actively help facilitate new developments, promote traffic safety and the efficient use of vehicles and alternative fuels. Our ambitious organization suits employees who wish to push their boundaries, who want to learn and fulfil their potential. By investing in our employees, we make innovations possible. Working for the RDW means working towards a new age.
You are a 3rd or 4th year student with a healthy dose of energy, perseverance and a solution-oriented mind.
You are interested in the following subjects: Intelligent Vehicles(IV), Robotics, Systems, Controls, Software, Transportation and Traffic Engineering etc.
Then you are at the right place at RDW!
What can we offer you?
- An interesting and challenging internship position for 6 months, starting from September 2020
- An allowance of €450,- per month
- The supervisor will assure his full availability as well as a friendly environment
- One time per week a familiarization meeting will be held to introduce the stagiair into RDW world and supporting him/her in the working activities
- One time per week an on line follow up meeting will be held to discuss about the project progresses, potential difficulties or special needs.
Interesting internship? We would like to receive your response with motivation and CV no later than August 30.
RDW. Werken aan een nieuwe tijd
De ontwikkelingen in mobiliteit gaan steeds sneller. Bij de RDW kun je de nieuwe innovaties niet afwachten; van een RDW’er wordt verwacht dat je vooruitdenkt en anticipeert op de ontwikkelingen. Zeker in deze tijd, met nieuwe uitdagingen en nieuwe vraagstukken. Dit is hét moment om in te stappen. Want bij de RDW kijk je niet toe, maar draag je actief bij aan het mogelijk maken van nieuwe ontwikkelingen, de verkeersveiligheid en het efficiënt inzetten van voertuigen en alternatieve brandstoffen.
Voor intermediairs: we verzorgen de werving graag zelf. Aanbiedingen op onze vacatures worden niet gewaardeerd. Flex vacatures vervullen we in samenwerking met onze vaste leveranciers.